|A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4- to 8-year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think.
- "Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way."
- "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
- "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."
- "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
- "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
- "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
- "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and Daddy are like that."
- "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
- "When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you're scared they won't love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do they still love you, they love you even more."
- "There are two kinds of love. Our love. God's love. But God makes both kinds of them."
- "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
- "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
- "Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken."
- "Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
- "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
- "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."